Saltyshrimp Black Water SE/Fulvic+ 50g
Black Water Powder is a mixture of valuable trace elements as well as humic and fulvic acids with a multitude of positive effects on your aquarium and its inhabitants.
• rich in important trace elements
• protects your tank from a dangerous pH drop
• reduces algae proliferation
• strengthens the immune system of your tank inhabitants
• binds to ammonium and reduces the danger of ammonia formation
• has a very high cation exchange activity and binds to heavy metals
• acts as natural chelator and thus maintains the reduced form of micronutrients and iron
• improves growth and promotes reproduction e.g. for bee shrimp
• acts as alternative to carbonate buffers and is thus irreplaceable in soft water where carbonate hardness is unwelcome
• antibacterial, reduces the bacterial load (of Aeromonas- and Pseudomonas spp.) on internal organs
• fungicidal, acts preventative in the case of fungal infections even at low concentrations
• has a positive supporting effect on the treatment of inflammatory gill conditions
• reduces external hormonal influences and stress induced by them
• has a positive effect on necroses of fin edges and gills
• plants are provided with a suitable carbon source by metabolisation of its components
• makes the water crystal clear
The effect of humic acids
The manifold positive effects of humic acids are mainly caused by polyphenols, quinons and stable radicals. They further immunity and multiple stress resistency. It is known that humins activate the white blood cells and thus strengthen the immune system, leading to further cellular immune response mechanisms.
The influence of humic acids has been proven to increase the lifespan of turquoise killifish (Nothobranchius furzeri) by approx. 15%. A gene expression analysis in Caenorhabditis elegans (a nematode) showed that the genes coordinating life elongation were activated. In particular, various beneficial stress proteins (HSP) were expressed, which have been shown to be beneficial for a longer life and overall resistency.
In swordtails (Xiphophorus helleri), experiments with humic acids resulted in a multiple immunity to stress. In zebrafish (Danio rerio), a tendency towards a more positive egg development was noticeable even in water with only a low humic acid concentration.
Blackwater fish cannot survive in acidic waters poor in minerals without humic acids. On the other hand, in a water rich in humic acids, the pH does not play that big a role. However, the full range of effects humic acids have has not entirely been researched yet. What we can say for sure is that humins make surfaces adherent and that they neutralise water cohesion. If humins rich in bases adhere to the gill epithels of fish or shrimp they improve osmoregulation and at the same time lower the amount of energy required against a strong water gradient. A less energy-intensive osmoregulation means that there are more resources left for growth and development. Fish are also immunised passively from the outside, as their cell membranes are tanned by protein excretion, which promotes an indirect resistance to pathogens entering the skin.
Instructions of use
Just sprinkle the desired amount of the powder on the water surface. Black Water Powder dissolves easily in any pH. Please note that the water will assume a brownish colour temporarily but will turn crystal-clear after a while. If the brownish colour remains for several days, please check your filter or reduce the dosage.
Depending on how densely the tank is stocked, dose approx. 1g to 50 litres of water every week.
Measuring spoon markings: 1 ml = 0.5g / 2 ml = 1g
Measuring spoon enclosed.
Available packaging sizes (screw socket)
50 g (sufficient for approx. 2500 l aquarium water)
130 g (sufficient for approx. 6500 l aquarium water)